Effective January 1, 2019, IBC is unable to pay zero-rated taxes but Saint Lucia's companies still can be used vehicles for a broad range of investment and business purposes, such as offshore investments, professional services, international trade, insurance and as a holding company, because of the following advantages:
- All companies, including IBCs, taxed at 30% corporate tax on income from Saint Lucia-source and will be exempted from taxation on income from foreign sources;
- Dividends and capital gains are also exempt from taxation;
- Details of shareholders and directors are not publicly disclosed;
- There are no requirements for a local director or shareholder;
- Annual general meetings are not mandatory;
- No minimum paid-up capital required. Shares may be denominated in one or more currencies.